Responsibilities: The Principal/Senior Application Engineer will be responsible for producing high quality solutions for internal and external customers and should have a clear understanding of mmWave circuits, including 3D-EM and circuit simulation software. He/she will collaborate with designers, management, and product marketing to meet project objectives and deadlines. Responsibilities include creating reference designs for our business partners, laminate modules, test applications for performance evaluation, optimization of register settings for best RF performance, updating datasheets and application notes, resolving technical problems.
This position is involved in architecture, design, simulation, verification, and production ramp-up of highly integrated RFICs and modules for wireless infrastructure. Familiarity with 3GPP and other cellular standards will be useful. In-depth knowledge of PA, LNA, Switch, Filter, and phase shifter circuit design and module design for wireless systems are a MUST have.
Additional tasks involve acting as liaison between design engineering and marketing. He/she must be able to work well with RFIC design engineers, system engineering team, technicians and CAD layout designers. The candidate will face challenging tasks in order to meet critical performance parameters in the application of mmWave circuits consisting of PAs, LNAs, Switches, phase shifters and filters. Strong simulation skills utilizing a circuit simulator are required.
• Education: BSEE, MSEE, or Ph.D. in a related field
• 5-10+ years of RF experience (example: as a front-end or RF laminate developer), ideally some of it in mmWave applications
Special Requirements: Required expertise/knowledge of:
• Ability to design multi-layer laminate and PCB designs for RF applications
• Experience with 3D-EM simulation tools like HFSS, Momentum or similar
• Solid experience also with Circuit Simulation tools such as Agilent ADS, AWR Microwave Office or similar is required, Cadence experience is a plus
• A good understanding of semiconductor physics and physics in general is always a plus
• Must like to work with lab equipment including RF signal generators, oscilloscopes, power amplifiers, filters, duplexers, spectrum analyzer, power meters, and Vector Network Analyzers (VNA)
• Good understanding of IC packaging techniques such as wire bonding for RF products (single chip, multi-die and flip-chip) as well as their impact concerning on-die and in-package coupling
• Must like and have demonstrated success in debugging, resolving and applying techniques to mitigate analog/RF/mixed signal noise issues related to best practices in de-coupling, shielding, and grounding
• Be familiar with RF parameters for amplifier circuits such as IP2/3, Noise Figure, P1dB, return loss, stability, and the ability to understand the trade-off between each parameter
• Experience with flip-chip die attach, probe station and component laser trimming are a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and electronic form with technical and non-technical colleagues
• Excellent writing skills in English
Mobix Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Qualified applicants please send resume to: Nanette Young, Sr. Dir. HR, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.